Short Escape Kedung Tumpang

Tulungagung became one of the cities that I love to visit while I need to escape from hectic of Surabaya, my friend told me that there is one beach that is viral after a local fisherman accidentally apload it view on facebook. Soon I checked it rumor and true I see this beach very unique, I’m not sure this place called beach or just seafront cliff because a place called beach if it has sand and lso directly adjacent to the sea. I don’t see any sand in this place only rock cliffs who formed from giant reef but it decorated with small ponds which is ormed because the rocks was eroded by the waves. Kedung Tumpang located in southern Tulungagung which is about 90 minutes drive from Tulungagung city.


Some tourist call this place a rock beach because this place full with giant and small rocks. Not many people have come to this beach due to its location that is so remotely from the town area. After 1 1/2 hours of bumpy ride in the car, the locals will take you on a motorcycle ride for 10 minutes to reach the peak and then you have to trekking down the hillside to reach the beach or you can walk at least 20 minutes from parking lot to reach the peak. I highly don’t recommend you to walk for reach the peak because it waste a lot of your energy, because to reach the beach require some effort. If you've reached the peak, then it's all the way down through steep, slippery dirt track and sometimes there's only ropes to hanging on, be careful especially the women and child because the track is so crazy and unsafe actually. You need to be careful everytime you took the step any reckless action you will be ended up in a hospital. 




My bad I just wear flip flop! I suggest you to use sports shoes like running shoes or training shoes it will help very much. But after you get to the beach, your struggle is rewarded with lush view to Indian ocean. Strolled along the beach and you will find famous torquoise ponds which a signature to Kedung Tumpang. Good news, you can jump down and swim on the ponds! but not every ponds is save be carefull if you had a plan to swim here better to use local guide. Local people here also offer tour guide service. Take your time here and enjoy the scenery as the way to go back to parking lot will takes a lot of energy too.



Unfortunately this place can only beautiful when the sea water is receding, so the best time to travel here is when the water receding. And that was a little review from me, if you had a plan for visiting this beach please keep this beach clean. Bring your own garbage bag and if you see a thrash on water please pick up, also reduced the amount of trash you create and take your trash with you. Thanks for read my blog review hope you enjoy and have a nice day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram